Wednesday, May 16, 2012

my favorite pasta salad


I made this yummy pasta salad for dinner a few days ago; the recipe was given to my mom by a family friend and I modified it slightly. This salad always reminds me of summer, picnics, and canoeing trips with my family.

Macaroni Tuna Salad

4 cups macaroni
1 can tuna
3/4 cup dill pickles, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise

Cook macaroni. Mix cooked macaroni, tuna, pickles, onion, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Combine lemon juice, dill juice, and vegetable oil. Pour over macaroni mixture. Chill several hours. Drain moderately if desired. Blend mustard and mayonnaise and add to macaroni mixture.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment